14 January 2014

Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)Angelfall by Susan Ee


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How I got it: I own a copy, and shall never part from it...



This book is absolutely amazing. When I first started it I was really apprehensive. So many people have recommended this to me and the reviews have been uber-positive. I really wanted to like this one, especially since the premise sounded amazing. So without further ado, my review...

I loved the characters. A lot of times in Young Adult lit, you can't rely on the characters or the writing. They don't feel or sound believable, and often times I hate the female characters who are written as whiny, spineless bitches. But not in this case. I loved Penryn, her attitude, her strength, and I found it entirely believable.

The story line was a lot of fun. At first I thought a lull was coming. I held my breath, anticipating a disappointment, but there was none. Without giving anything away, let me just say the author is probably the only person who could have pulled this plot off. By the end I was sure that no other story teller could have done such a good job.

Honestly, most of this book was me preparing to wince, and then being more than pleasantly surprised at how situations were handled. Face it, if you read this book, there are countless areas the author could have buried herself in. But she didn't. Holy shit she was spot on at ever possible turn.

I don't know how to write this review without gushing, so I'll just say this. Everything was so authentic, so believable, from the writing to the dialogue, that it was just an absolute thrill ride and pleasure to read. Absolute favorite.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not always reply to your comments, but I ALWAYS read them! Thank you in advance for stopping by to say hello. If you want a response from me sooner, please check out my 'Contact Me' page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...