19 February 2011

Irish Cottage

So, like... LONG time ago, a year almost, I went to an Irish Fest in the Irish Capital of New York State. It was a heck of a lot of fun, and on the site of the fest, they have this Irish Cottage that was brought from Ireland and built on a little hill for people to check out.

So while I perused my images on my camera I was all, "Holy Nutter, I have pictures from the cottage on here!" So I thought I'd share it with you all!



Isn't it cute? It's really small, and sort of built for short people. (I'm not kidding, the doorways are really short!



It's pretty small, only three rooms, and could you imagine living in this place? I couldn't, I love my family, but I would murder them if my house were any smaller than it already was. The family seems to all be squished into one little room, which brings lots of things to mind, none of which I will bore you with...



Those are the beds, there are two of them, head to head. Even the beds seem short, which still makes me wonder if Irish people back in the day had height issues...



That's the 'family-room' or whatever you want to call it. I don't know what else to call it, but it seemed like the room where the cooking, sewing, eating, and so forth was done. Face it, the other room was the bedroom, space was limited.

Is this not adorable? It's so neat to find little random pieces of history just sitting around in upstate New York. Since I am huge on travel, and want to travel a LOT, this is a lovely and very welcome prerequisite.

There was also this really neat area in the shape of Ireland, laid out in bricks. The lines for all the counties were drawn, and poles with the county flags sprouted up. So I literally walked across Ireland!





So really, a lot of fun for a little slice of old Ireland. I'm Irish, if you haven't noticed. I love Europe, though, have an affair with the UK, and I want to have England's baby. (I'm such an anglophile...)

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed the travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may not always reply to your comments, but I ALWAYS read them! Thank you in advance for stopping by to say hello. If you want a response from me sooner, please check out my 'Contact Me' page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...