Hey all. This is going to be a quickie. This weekend has been hell, it's Halloween, and I got to experience my very first panic attack last night so I got no sleep whatsoever. (Didn't have any fun, either.) For those who know me well, there are certain books that just piss me off. I cry, throw them at the wall, etc... So here they are... I apologize for no links or cover art, but you can look them up either at Amazon or Goodreads!
- The Luxe Series - I refused to finish this series, even though it was fantastic and I love the style of writing. I just knew ahead of time that what was going to happen wasn't what I wanted to happen, so i got angry, and hid the books under my bed, where they remain to this day.
- The Lord of the Rings - When I was much younger I read these books, and I think they were the first books that held such complex characters. I loved every minute of it, but cried in the end. I'm such a nerd, I know.
- Pride and Prejudice - This was such a happy, fluffy book. Austen's writing is incredibly thick, and sometimes hard to get through, but this is one of my favorite stories.
- Robert's Ridge - After reading this book I didn't know if I wanted to cry or be pissed.
- 1984 - My first, official read that studied politics and society, and what people have to fear. I loved how deep it was, how terrifying, etc... It left me thinking for a very long time, and is one of my favorite classics.
- The Kite Runner - I had no idea what to expect when I read this book, I sort of picked it up at the library on a whim. I think this is one of those books that will stay with me for a lifetime.