30 November 2011

The Hobbit Read Along

Hello, faithful readers!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the December month, and for many of you, the beginning of a holiday season. Whether or not you are celebrating a Holiday this month, it's hard not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this time of year, with traffic, shopping, weather, and the lot of it.

One of the greatest parts about the chilly weather, however, is the chance to sit in a comfy chair with a cup of hot chocolate and an epic book. Yes, I said epic, and I'm going to give you the chance to read something epic this December.

For those of you who read my last post, I'm going to be hosting a massive Lord of the Rings read along next year. That's right, the entire year we'll be delving into one of the greatest epic fantasies of our time.

However, it's only proper to start off with the prequel first. The Hobbit is Tolkien's beloved fantasy that prequels LOTR, following Mr. Bilbo on his first adventure where he acquired the One Ring. If you haven't read it, you must! And if you've read it before, the book is BEYOND worth another read.

Check out The Hobbit!

Want to join in? Splendid! All you need to do is comment below with your name and a link to your blog. Read the book during the Month of December, and once you've finished, post a blog entry on your blog with your thoughts. That's it.

Don't have a blog? Just post your thoughts as a comment on the end of my read along post, and you'll be good to go!

I'm really looking forward to reading this book with you all!

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love The Hobbit :-) i've been wanting to re-read it for ages and since I've designated December as re-read month, this is perfect!
    Bex
    Www.anarmchairbythesea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I may not always reply to your comments, but I ALWAYS read them! Thank you in advance for stopping by to say hello. If you want a response from me sooner, please check out my 'Contact Me' page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...