30 April 2012
Top Ten Tuesday: Books that should be made into movies...
Hey there and welcome to my top ten Tuesday! Time to list ten books I’d love to see be made into movies. Excited? Me too!
Also! Please don’t forget to dive into my giveaway I’m hosting! Click here to enter to when I copy of Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen!
1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - This is such a fun book and really imaginative. I think it would translate really well into a movie and the characters are just fantastic. The series is written like a movie so it’s kinda begging to get produced, you know?
2. Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - Just getting this out of the way for my own personal reason. They made this into a movie and butchered it via taking out the main character. Yeah, like Harry Potter without Harry Potter. Totally killed it for me.
3. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - I don’t think people appreciate this book at the right level until they actually read the book. It’s super fun and just plain hilarious. If you’ve read Jane Eyre and you liked it, read this. Seriously.
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Okay, so not only have they made this into a movie but another one is in the works. Can I just say I hope they make this into a GOOD movie? Please…?
5. Ragtime! By E. L. Doctorow - So this used to be a play on Broadway but is so no longer. I’ve seen clips of the play and I really with it were more accessible to other people. Hence the film.
6. The Giver by Lois Lowry - This book is wicked popular and usually gets really good reviews. I just don’t understand why it hasn’t been picked up yet (it hasn’t, right?). But this book always gave me that feeling that it was a hopping off point for young people who wanted to read.
My list is short but that’s because a lot of my favorite books were made into movies. Some of my favorites are also classics that I like just the way they are. And lastly, a lot of my favorites are probably books a lot of you have never heard of and therefore it's no use in adding them to the list.
But those are six titles that jumped out at me when I started this list, so I'm satisfied!
What about your own top ten?
(p.s. sorry no awesome links to the books! Did I mention I was moving and therefore my time is like... gone?)